In this article I want to talk about the Panasonic FZ200 High ISO performance. The FZ200 is one of the most interesting and highly recommended superzooms for 2012, but when it comes to high ISO performance, it doesn’t seems to deliver optimal results. The Panasonic Lumix® DMC-FZ200 seems like the perfect zoom camera if it wasn’t for the bad high ISO performance.
The noise problem is mentioned in various places: dpreview forum, cnet.co.uk and many other places. The FZ200 might be a great camera for low light shooting, but that’s because of it’s fast f/2.8 constant aperture, not due to its high ISO performance. In fact, I probably don’t recommend shooting above ISO400. Even at ISO400 you can see some smudgy details in complex scenes.
The FZ200 can take beautiful images at lower ISO, but the mediocre high ISO performance will certainly prevent some people from touching this camera. That’s quite a shame considering all the good things that this camera offers.
I am opening this post to hear your comments and what do you think about the FZ200 high ISO / Noise performance? - Please share your comments below..
More Reviews and Articles
- Panasonic FZ200 vs Canon SX50 HS Comparison
- Panasonic Lumix GF3 Camera Opinion
- Fujifilm X-Pro1 high price for a high-quality camera
- Canon SX50 HS vs Panasonic FZ150 Comparison
- Canon PowerShot G15 vs G1 X Comparison – High End Compact Cameras
- Nikon D600 Cons and Pros with High ISO Performance Analysis
- New iPad (iPad 3) Camera Opinion
- Fujifilm X-S1 vs Nikon P510 – Comparison (Sample images, Zoom Test, High ISO)
- Sony NEX-5N Mind blowing image quality at high ISO