There are many people who are interested to know if both the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus have an optical image stabilization, not just a digital image stabilization.
According to the official iPhone 6 specs on Apple’s website, the iPhone 6 Plus iSight camera is the only one who has an optical image stabilization mechanism. So therefore the iPhone 6 (non plus version) does not have an optical image stabilization, as mentioned in Apple’s website, and I quote:
“Optical image stabilization (iPhone 6 Plus only).“
I already see people thinking about getting the iPhone 6 Plus for this specs along. This can vastly improve the low-light capabilities of the camera when shooting at slow shutter speeds, and also help in getting sharper images. A useful camera feature that exists on competing models, and unfortunately is missing on the iPhone 6 (but does exists on the iPhone 6 Plus model).
Jump to minute 39:50 to see Phil Schiller explains about the iPhone 6 Plus optical image stabilization mechanism.
More Reviews and Articles
- iPhone 5S Camera Review – Image Quality Test (Part 1)
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs iPhone 5S – Camera Specs Comparison
- Camera Lens Distortions and Image Quality Test: iPhone 5S vs Samsung Galaxy S4
- iPhone 5 Camera – Speculated Specs
- iPhone 5S vs Samsung Galaxy S4 Image Quality Comparison
- iPhone 5s vs 5c – Camera Comparison
- iPhone 5S Camera vs iPhone 5C and iPhone 5
- iPhone 5S Camera Opinion from an Amateur Photographer Perspective
- Apple Watch and iPhone Camera connectivity