The Asus ZenFone 2 Laser was announced on August 5 2015. The phone features a 8MP rear camera and 5MP front camera, let’s take a deep look at the specs to see how good its cameras are.
Asus ZenFone 2 Laser Camera Specs:
- Toshiba sensor, 8MP resolution (ZE500KG) / 13MP resolution (ZE500KL)
- Blue Glass Filter
- Dual LED Real Tone Flash
- 5-element Largan lenses
- f/2.0 aperture
- 0.3 sec Laser Auto-Focus
- Super HD Mode using ASUS Pixel Enhancing technology (up to 4x dynamic better range)
- Low-Light mode using pixel-binding technology provides up to 400% better sensitivity and much better noise performance
(joining four adjacent pixels which represent a single pixel in the final image)
- 5MP resolution
- f/2.0 aperture
- 85-degree wide angle
The Asus ZenFone 2 Laser has some very impressive camera specs. Keep in mind that there are two version of the phone, one with 13MP and a 8MP, which is the ZE500KG. The main camera is obviously the most interesting one. The ZenFone 2 Laser was designed from the ground up to perform well under low-light conditions. The sensor features a fast f/2.0 aperture, a Dual LED flash, laser autofocus and low-light mode; all were designed to boost the camera low-light performance.
The Low-Light mode utilizes pixel-merging technology, which use the data from the adjacent pixels to from a a single pixel in the final image. The sensor reads the luminance difference between different areas of the sensor, using an average to determine the luminosity for the final pixel. This helps to reduce noise, but image resolution is reduced.
I assume the Laser Autofocus works the same as the LG G4 and LG G3 laser auto-focus system. It’s very useful when shooting in low-light, but has a limited range compared to phase-detection AF.
The rear camera is very good for taking selfie pictures. offering a wide field of view and fast aperture lens. Overall, the Asus ZenFone 2 Laser offers advanced imaging technologies that will help you take better pictures and selfies even under restricted lighting conditions. Early reviews shown very good performance overall for both stills and videos.
More Reviews and Articles
- LG G3 Camera Laser Auto focus Explained
- Nokia Lumia 830 Main Camera Specs In-Depth
- Meizu m2 Camera Specs
- HTC One Mini 2 Camera Specs vs HTC One (M8) / One Mini – What’s changed?
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Prime Camera Specs
- Nexus 9 camera Specs Overview
- Google Nexus 6 Camera Specs
- Samsung Galaxy S5 vs S4 Camera Specs Comparison
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs iPhone 5S – Camera Specs Comparison