The Meizu m2 is a new Android phone featuring Samsung eMMC 5.0 high-speed flash memory, 2GB of ram and a 1.3GHz quad-core CPU with 64-bit processing. But I’m here to talk about the camera obviously.
Meizu m2 features a front and rear facing cameras. The front camera has 5-megapixels front camera and a 13MP rear camera. Let’s take a closer look at the specs:
Meizu m2 Rear Camera
- 13 megapixel effective resolution
- Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protective lens glass
- f/2.2 aperture
- 5-element lens
- Single LED flash
Meizu m2 Front Camera
- 5 megapixel effective resolution
- f/2.0 aperture
- 4-element lens
- FotoNation 2.0 smart selfie enhancement
- Face AE face light boost
BTW, don’t mix the M2 with the M2 Note, these are two different phones, with the M2 Note is the bigger and less powerful version of the M2. The camera specs are pretty impressive for a mid-range phone that cots less than $100 (~599 Yuan). I didn’t find an exact sensor model and size used for the M2 cameras. But the specs are very good when compared to the LG G4, iPhone 6 Plus, Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge and Galaxy Note 4 cameras.
For example, the iPhone 6 features a 5-element f/2.2 aperture lens as well but lower 8MP resolution. The Meizu M2 rear camera is not as fast as the Moto X Style camera that has f/2.0 aperture or teh Galaxy S6 Edge f/1.9 aperture lens that uses six-element lens structure. Keep in mind that the M2 isn’t a high-end device, so this is why I was quite surprised to see such good specs.
I vied some early sample images taken with the Meizu M2 on androidheadlines.com and on meizu.com, and I was very pleased with the image quality; looks very sharp with natural color rendition. So if you are not satisfied with your mid-range phone’s camera, you probably want to check the Meizu M2 out. From what I understood, the phone is currently available only in China.
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Camera vs Note 3 (rear and front) Compared
- Google Nexus 6 Camera Specs
- Sensor Size Comparison: iPhone 6 Plus vs Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge vs Note 4
- iPhone 6 Plus vs S6 Sensor and Lens Specs Comparison
- HTC One Mini 2 Camera Specs vs HTC One (M8) / One Mini – What’s changed?
- Nexus 9 camera Specs Overview
- Nokia Lumia 830 Main Camera Specs In-Depth
- iPhone 5 Camera – Speculated Specs
- iPhone 6 Plus Camera vs Galaxy Note 4 Camera