What camera phone has the most megapixels? – as of the time of writing, the Nokia is holding the crown with its 808 PureView and Lumia 1020, both utilize a 41 Megapixel image sensor. You can find out more about the Lumia 1020 sensor here.
Yes, 41 megapixels is a lot, much more than any other smartphone to date. Both phones utilize what is called ‘pixel oversampling’ (or pixel binning), where the camera combines the information from seven neighbour pixels into a single large pixel. This helps to produce and image that has less digital noise and can perform better in low-light situations.
By the way, this is not the highest resolution for a sensor in general. Canon has developed a sensor that has 250-megapixels. The size of the APS-H sensor is 29.2 mm by 20.2 mm and it cap capture a 19,580 x 12,600 pixel image resolution.
- iPhone 6 Camera 8 Megapixels – Why not more?
- Does more megapixels means better image quality or better camera?
- Is the Mobile Phone Camera market innovative enough?
- Photography Terms Explained for Mobile Phone Cameras
- Mobile Phone Low-Light Shooting Guide
- Mobile phone cameras image quality is getting better and better
- Canon Countdown Teaser Ad – A New Revolutionary Camera, Mobile Phone?
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Prime Camera Specs
- Oppo Neo 7 Camera Specs